Character: Agent Dana Scully
Directed by: Rob Bowman
Written by: Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz
Produced by: Bruce Devan, Chris Carter, Daniel Sackheim, Lata Ryan, Mary Astadourian
Cast Members: David Duchovny, John Neville, William B. Davis, Martin Landau
Released date: June 19, 1998
Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi
Two FBI agents set out to unravel a government conspiracy related to the alien colonisation of Earth and attempt to rescue the people on the planet.
• Fight the Future
• Take Your Greatest Fear And Multiply It By X
• Discover the past, live the present, fight the future.
• Cherish the past. Enjoy the present. Because the truth is coming. Fight the future.
• The Truth Is Revealed
• Take your greatest fear… your most paranoid suspicion… and your darkest nightmare… and multiply it-by X!
• Trust in no one Mr Mulder.
• One man alone can not Fight the Future.
• Gillian Anderson’s least favorite aspect of the shoot was the sequence where Mulder and Scully are running through a field of corn stalks. As she was running behind the much taller David Duchovny, she kept getting smacked in the face by the leaves.
• Getting a bee to walk along Gillian Anderson’s shoulder was achieved by putting some pheromone in the air and gently blowing it with little fans in the direction they wanted the bee to move.
• Because of the demands of making the ongoing TV series (Season 5 was about to go into production), David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson were only available to work on the film for 75% of its shooting schedule.
• I can’t. I won’t. Mulder, I’ll be a doctor, but my work is here with you now. That virus that I was exposed to, it has a cure. You held it in your hand. How many other lives can we save?
• Why did they assign me to you in the first place, Mulder? To debunk your work. To rein you in, to shut you down.
• Any thoughts as to why anybody would be growing corn in the middle of the desert?
• I saw your face, Mulder. There was a definite moment of panic.
• I don’t believe the FBI currently has an investigative unit qualified to pursue the evidence in hand.
• I have to be in Washington, D.C. in 11 hours for a hearing, the outcome of which might affect one of the biggest decisions of my life and here I am in the middle of nowhere, Texas, chasing phantom tanker trucks.
• Mulder, I can’t tell you what killed this man. I’m not sure anybody else could claim to either.